Wednesday, December 6, 2006

IN RESPONSE TO THE COMMENT LEFT BY BENSO1PF ON "SCHIZOPHRENIA AND RELIGION"

I currently do not have enough information to answer your first question. Both are possible. Bicameralism is just a theory; again, it is one of those things where I do not have enough information to decide if it is a realistic answer or not, but I brought it up because it was an unusually interesting theory to me. Also, I would not personally define atheism as a religion, but that is because my definition of religion includes having faith in a "higher being." I understand why you would personally classify atheism as a religion, but I see it as more of the negation of religion. I do disagree with you when you imply that atheists have FAITH that there is no god. I would not use the word "faith." Faith is a belief not based on reason or logic while atheism is based on proof and evidence I have found through research, therefore the tennants of atheism do not fall under "faith."

1 comment:

benso1pf said...

If one must believe in a (or perhaps multiple) higher being(s) to be religious, I suppose that would make atheism, agnosticsim, and Buddism not religions. Probably a few others, but I don't know what they'd be. I understand your definition, and I can accept it.

You said that faith is a belief not based on reason or logic, so I don't need faith to know that my chair will hold me, because I can reason that it has before and it will later. I don't need to have faith in my friends because their past performance will allow me to guess how they will perform in the future. I can accept that as well.

I am interested to see the proof and evidence you have found through your research that allows you to develop a paradigm without faith.